Friday, December 15, 2006

 

Jack


Well, where do I start? The year 2006, for me, has been almost totally
defined by my husband's illness and eventual death in January. But somehow,October 2006 was the worse month since he died and I was truly beyond despair, loneliness and hopelessness. Sandy's ashes were scattered in Florida in November and with the arrival of the photos from his family I felt closure for the first time.

I had been seeing a wonderful man, Jack, since early November. I regarded him as a good friend and companion - he was a widower and our dates of loss were only days apart. We certainly knew the drill and had been through nearly a year of misery. And, wonder of wonders, despite our own fears, protestations and struggles - our friendship caught fire.

Jack is now much more than a companion and we are filled with love and joy as never before. Everyone at work rejoices with us - they had seen our despair and loneliness - this photo, that says it all, was taken by our co-worker, Allen, at the Christmas Party!

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream…" CS Lewis

More later...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?